Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer rains bring cats and dogs...

In one of our PST trainings was a topic about animals in Georgia. What I took away from it was that basically all the animals in Georgia were everywhere, dangerous, and have rabies. The 3 painful rabies shots we got recently was a remainder of that. But recently it seems I've been surrounded by animals, and cute ones!! Puppies, kittens, chicks, etc... all adorable and makes me want to pick them up and pet them all! Which I have, and have not gotten rabies as of yet. Time will tell on that one.

Sorry I haven't posted as often as I wanted, but I've just been so busy with training and learning the language. I think I'm getting fairly well with it, I can have decent conversations now and buy stuff and get around okay. Still kinda weird for me since I'm the only Asian here in the country, and Georgians love to stare at foreigners, especially Asians. So I do a game where I stare back at them, and it usually dissuades them from looking at me further. The weather here is wild, its cold one day, crazy hot the other, and rains either days. There's even hail sometimes.

In the next few days, I'll be job shadowing a guy whose working for a Georgian winery. Needless to say, I'm super excited. We're going to be wine tasting friday. I've been kinda bad with alcohol here, since we drink it all the time, and have been black-out drunk at least twice. Good times in Georgia I guess...

p.s. I just shaved my head. Not sure I like it (I didn't like it last time), but it should be a lot cooler now.


This was later today with me rocking the mohawk mid-shave.

Is it a kitten or a ferret? This was today..

This puppy runs up and tries to bite my shoelaces off. Very adorable...

My Cluster-mate Sean holding one of many chicks around the town.

Getting caught in a hailstorm is not fun!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the mohawk. Come back home with it pleeease!!! I would love to hear what mommy and daddy has to say.

    ReplyDelete