Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Reading while in Peace Corps

Walking behind sheeps always makes me feel like a shepard


Park overlooking beautiful Borjomi



My view on a foggy morning day in the mountains

The cutest host sister ever!



These two had a very dysfunctional relationship. The dog will try to bite the cat, but they sometimes sleep in the same box.


It feels like its been forever since I've arrived in Georgia. I feel like a native now, and the roosters that wake me up at 6, the bulls and pigs on the road don't faze me now. The squat toilet is weird, cuz I can no longer read. Nearly 90% of my reading previously has been on my porcelin throne, I will now have no time to read.

I'm finding myself agreeing to random stuff that I don't understand. I should start saying I don't understand what you're saying, but instead, I say ho, ho, ho (ho is yes in Georgian) and it makes me feel like santa claus and also like a fool when I find I agreed to go on a road trip in the middle of the night. In Georgian language, every name has to end in a vowel, so my name would be Engi, and my host sister Mari always yells out "ENGI!" when I get home. Its adorable, but I think i'll get tired of being called such a cutesy name. Although often times I find myself calling one of the older volunteers "Craig-eee."


5 comments:

  1. Great pics.

    I bet the only reason why you mentioned your "cutesy name" was so that we all start calling you that. So ENGI it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea i'm gonna call you Engi when you come back home!! can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya Engi! Great to see that you are doing well in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome Eng.

    I'll think of you the next time I read a magazine while pooping.

    ReplyDelete