Monday, March 22, 2010

Invitation arrives --- overwhelming feeling ensues...


Nearly a week after a surprising call from the Peace Corp placement officer, I finally received the official invite. In between that, I read many a blogs, became way too excited over the 1st day of March Madness, screamed as my bracket was busted, went on a skiing weekend 300 miles away from home, and watched 8 straight hours of politics as health care reform finally passed!

So this arrived in the mail today!!

I'll be serving in Georgia (as suspected) leaving April 26th (to Orientation)! That's so soon!! OMG, where has the time gone! I just made a to-do list and there are sooo much stuff I have to get done. First, I'll have to accept the invitation. I think I gave declining it a second thought, but a very short second. I've been chasing this dream too long to stop now and I want to see this through to the end no matter how my expectations has changed. My to-do list included a lot, including learning the Spanish guitar and the a little Russian. GULP! I'll have to scrap a lot of that and focus on finishing the paperwork required for the invitation, taking my GMAT's before I leave the country (which I have yet to start studying for), and gathering the supplies for my little 2+ year trip. I'm a notorious over-packer, so this will be a challenge. I also have to see if I can get a deferment on my student loans. Finish my tax return. Also, in between, I planned a one week trip to DC to see my friends and I don't think i'll get anything done there as I'll be drunk most of the time I reckon. Anyways... I'm pretty overwhelmed...

I'll be serving in Georgia as a "Business Advisor, Consultant" within the Business and Social Entrepreneurship program (forever now known as BSE). More on that later...




last time on slopes? I heard Georgia has lots of slopes and snow...


3 comments:

  1. The GMATs can wait. You'll have PLENTY of time to study for them here. A little Russian will go a long way. As will the Spanish guitar. So get back on those. And keep drinking lots, you'll need the conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What have you been up to? Submit more posts!

    ReplyDelete