Thursday, April 22, 2010

Almost There...

So the past week since has been very stressful and very busy. And if you know me, thats saying a lot because I'm usually very relaxed and very lazy. I kept debating to myself whether to take the GMAT's or not, and was like a confirmation away from postponing it at the 7 -day deadline. Alas, I have decided, for better or not, to take it. And I have studied since, which means I haven't really studied at all. If anything, I'll just bail out if I don't think I'm ready. I take the test around 18 hours before I leave for the Peace Corp. Yes. It is a bit crazy.

If it was just GMAT studying I wouldn't be feeling too bad. Unfortunately its also packing for the next 2 years of my life. I've been trying on all my clothes to see which ones I would like and which ones still fit me. Two problems with that: 1) I have a lot of clothes, 2) I've gotten much fatter since I bought most of these clothes. So I had to buy some new pants 2 size larger than my pants since I will be needing numerous business casual pants. This has left me depressed and looking at my belly. My reaction to be realizing I'm getting fat is to of course eat more! What can I expect when I live with my parents and they want me to eat all the great home cooking before I leave and am forced to eat Georgian food for 2 years!

This is the opposite of how I would've wanted to spend my last few days here in the states. I wanted to hang out with friends and enjoy life before living without running toilets and hot water. Oh well, this is how my life works I guess. Procrastination is usually awesome, but it sucks sometimes (usually at the end!).

On a final note, I had a great time in DC 2 weeks ago where I got drunk every day (practicing for Georgia) and lived it up like I was 23 again! I also gave one of my best friends who are getting married a cardboard cut-out of myself. I said, if I'm going to miss their wedding in person, then at least a reproduced image of myself will be there!

Oh Also, I found out where I'll be training and learning Georgian for the next three months. Bojormi! It's in central Georgia and is well known for its bottled water! It supposedly has healing qualities! So at the very least I'll be well hydrated and healthy this summer.


Me & the Presidential Cut Outs hanging out in DC



Me and my cut out


Partying in DC...


Farewell DC!

1 comment: